After doing several interviews with TV and print media leading up to Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d post a few tips I’ve been talking about:
Top Valentine’s Tips for Singles
• Break out of your pity-party mode by planning a Bring-a-Friend party for next month: Pick a date and a venue, then invite 10-20 friends and tell them to each bring one single friend that you don’t know. Just think of all the new people you’ll meet!
• Look through your contacts and email at least three friends who you haven’t been in touch with in a while — guys or girls. Getting into a new social group can mean introductions to your perfect match
• Consider an online dating site — many are offering free trials over this holiday weekend
Top Valentine’s Tips for Those in a Relationship
• Showing your love doesn’t need to cost a fortune: Consider a picnic in your living room, a nearby day-hike or snuggling up and watching your favorite romantic comedy.
• Love letters never get old: Write at least five reasons why you think your special someone is the tops. Or slip a little love-note in your spouse’s wallet so they’ll find it later in the day and be surprised.
• Figure out each other’s “language of love”: We all give and receive love differently — some show love verbally, others through hugs, others through actions. Which way do you show love–and which way does your significant-other receive it?
Here’s to a great day of love, chocolate and cheesy movies!
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine