Books that Make You Dumb
We are what we read… and if so, then Facebook can tell us a lot about the character of undergraduates at colleges nationwide. This hilarious (and potentially disturbing) website downloads the ten most frequent “favorite books” at every college, arguing that “these ten books are indicative of the overall intellectual milieu of that college” and then crosses it with the average SAT score at that college.
Find your college or university here and see how you fare.
Princeton’s top 10 books are:
1. Harry Potter 2. The Great Gatsby 3. Pride And Prejudice 4. 1984 5. Enders Game 6. Lolita 7. The Catcher In The Rye 8. To Kill A Mockingbird 9. Catch 22 10. Crime And Punishment … with an average SAT score of 1430
University of Iowa’s top 10 books are:
1. Harry Potter 2. Angels And Demons 3. To Kill A Mockingbird 4. Pride And Prejudice 5. The Great Gatsby 6. Memoirs Of A Geisha 7. 1984 8. The Bible 9. The Da Vinci Code 10. The Catcher In The Rye … with an average SAT score of 1145
No comments yet.
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine