David Smith: Librarian to the Stars
Some New Yorkers are famous for being rich. Others are famous for being stupid. But David Smith, librarian to the stars at the The New York Public Library, is famous for being helpful. And he’s getting more and more attention — including a lovely feature in Gothamist today.
I met David Smith nearly 10 years ago when I was a wee little graduate student. With his help, every research question seemed possible.
So for 50th birthday (we won’t say when that was, but a few years back), I made him businsess cards that read: David Smith, Librarian to the Stars. And it caught on. And then he got famous himself. What’s even nicer is that each time he’s interviewed, he mentions my business card gift to him way back when. Ah, social networks.
No comments yet.
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine