There’s a new study out from the Vatican: Seems men and women confess to different sins. The most commonly confessed sin for women was pride, while for men, lust and gluttony ruled the confessional: Men’s urge for food was only surpassed by the urge for sex.
These results were compiled in a less-than-scientific way: A 95-year-old Jesuit priest documented who told him what. Still, the gender implications are interesting: Women are worried about pride, whereas men aren’t. Perhaps that’s because women are socialized to downplay their accomplishments, whereas men are socialized to be happy with their successes. It’d be fascinating to see if men and women would describe the same scenario as “sinful.” Further research, anyone?
For more on the 7 deadly sins in moder times, check out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7897034.stm and a great commentary by BlogHer here: http://www.blogher.com/vatican-says-men-and-women-even-sin-differently
1 Comment »
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine