Relationship Tip: Ash Wednesday – Give of Yourself
Today is Ash Wednesday, and the beginning of the Lenten season.We usually associate Lent with giving up something, but really it’s a time of preparation and self-improvement. So, here’s my Ash Wednesday relationship tip:
Make a pact with yourself (and God) to better prepare yourself for a relationship with someone special. Or make an effort to go out and meet people who share your interests and passions-perhaps by joining a volunteering organization in your area (ticks off the old ‘almsgiving’ requirement at the same time!) Or put in that extra effort into your current relationship to discern whether this person is right for you going forward.
And remember that relationships aren’t just about dating and marriage. What about relationships with your family and friends? How can you strengthen those in the next 40 days? Call your Mom or Grandfather. Small efforts go a long way when it comes to building strong bonds.
Want more on how to do this?
Check out a piece I wrote for BustedHalo.com, a young-adult Catholic website: http://www.bustedhalo.com/features/pure-sex-pure-love-give-of-yourself-this-lent/
No comments yet.
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine