Baby, it’s cold outside
It’s -6 degrees with an AccuWeather “real feel” temp of -37. The several inches of snow and ice that fell late last week has frozen solid on our driveway. And, according to the National Weather Center warnings:
A COMBINATION OF BITTERLY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES…. RESULTING IN FROST BITE …HYPOTHERMIA OR EVEN DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS…DRESS APPROPRIATELY IN LAYERS COVERING EXPOSED SKIN. FROSTBITE WILL OCCUR IN A FEW AS 10 MINUTES IN THESE CONDITIONS.
No need to reinvent the wheel: I already wrote a blog posting on this last year for The Huffington Post. Check it out and just assume that yes, I do have my winter survival kit all ready in my car, and no, I’m not walking to work tomorrow.
No comments yet.
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine