Dr. Christine B. Whelan is a professor, journalist and author. She is the author of Marry Smart: The Intelligent Woman’s Guide to True Love (Simon & Schuster, 2009) and Why Smart Men Marry Smart Women (Simon & Schuster, 2006).
Dr. Whelan is a visiting assistant professor in the Sociology Department at the University of Pittsburgh. She earned a masters and doctorate from the University of Oxford and has held teaching positions at the University of Iowa, and Princeton University in the Sociology and Politics departments. She has been published in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and The New York Post. She writes a bi-weekly relationship advice column for BustedHalo®, a young-adult website. She has appeared live on television programs and radio programs across the nation.
Dr. Whelan graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Princetonian and was awarded the Daniel M. Sachs Scholarship to attend Worcester College at the University of Oxford.
Until recently, Dr. Whelan, 32, was among the SWANS.® In 2007, she and her husband, Peter, were married in New York City. Currently, they live and work in Pittsburgh with their dictator cats, Chairman Meow and Evita Purrron.
No comments yet.
- Come Visit Me at http://www.christinewhelan.com/blog
- Las Vegas Quickie? No Problem…
- In the news
- Top Valentine’s Tips
- Can Love Make You Rich?
- Thowing Men Off the Scent
- MacFreedom: A Must-Have for Every Writer
- Are You A Little Bit Married?
- Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
- 2010: The Year of The Happiness Project
- Single on New Year’s? You’re Not Alone
- Top 10 Feelings Worldwide: We Feel Fine